The Property Supervisor is responsible for managing the property professionally and oversee the operations of assigned property managed units as per Betterhomes property management policy in correlation with landlord’s policies.
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager, the Property Supervisor will play a critical role in helping the Company achieve its strategic profit objectives.
The incumbent is responsible to maintain the highest quality of customer and client satisfaction while actively seeking out new business including promoting vacant properties and ensuring maximum occupancy. To be successful the incumbent must develop a collaborative work ethic within Holiday homes team and understand the property market in detail. Other accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Update and maintain key reports, systems and advertising portals
- Maintain and audit unit files as per department procedures
- Landlord Management
- Communicate to landlords rental offers and guide them with the objective of maximizing their return on investment
- Provide comparative market analysis and advise on current market conditions
- Ensure the landlords are informed and updated promptly at all times including weekly report on viewings and property condition.
- Advise landlords and obtain approvals on any property enhancements and maintenance works
- Ensure an effective working relationship with the landlord and briefing the Portfolio Manager promptly on any significant issues arising from those contacts.
- Tenant Management
- Ensure all documents and payments have been collected from the tenant prior to commencement of the lease and monitor rental payments
- Property Management
- Ensure the property is ready for viewings and occupied at all times. Follow department procedures including but not limited to prompt inspections, recognizing and organizing timely maintenance/renovations, strictly following/overseeing cleanliness of property
- Liaise with inspection and supervisors for all relevant needs
- Accounts Payable
- Collect payments and generate receipts for all leases
- Liaise with accounts department to process security deposit refunds for tenants.
- Liaise with accounts for payments of utility bills that may be due
- Organize cheques payable for any other payments that may be due on behalf of the landlord
- Contract management
- Prepare tenancy contracts & documents for all leases
- Ensure contracts are signed by the landlord/ BH within a satisfactory time frame
- Supervise and oversee the work of property administrators and inspection coordinator
- Conducting any communication with landlords, tenants, clients and Betterhomes staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensure government standards, requirements, rules and regulations are met at all times
- Promote and cross sell other Betterhomes products to Clients whenever appropriate.
- Develop and maintain an effective, long term, working relationship with Clients.
Other Company related duties that may be assigned by the Portfolio Manager that are consistent with the department and Company mandate. Performance will be evaluated based on monthly reports and spot checks by the Portfolio Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma with minimum 3 years of experience in managing freehold properties.
- Well versed with real estate rules and regulations
- Requires above average computer literacy (MS Office, Internet, Database Software, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication along with professional presentation skills