WoodAs the world acts to systematically reduce the consumption of fossil fuels on the journey to a net-zero future, a major revamp of urban mobility
Overview / Responsibilities:
Wood is currently looking for a Project Admin (preferably Arabic Speaker) to strengthen our team in Dubai.
The contract is for 1 year, renewable annually based on business needs.
- This is a Home Office position based in Dubai. Normal working time will be 48 hours per week (10 hours per day) supporting the whole Project Team.
- Accountable for providing all systematic administrative support and technical assistance in an organised and cohesive manner for the entire Project Team.
Principal responsibilities include but not limited to;
- Directly reports to Project Delivery Manager (Functionally reports to the Lead Administrator).
- Prepare travel arrangements, meeting room bookings, documenting meeting minutes, preparing presentations, supporting management with preparing management reports, assisting visitors during business gatherings and organising all events/programs/meetings for the team, etc.
- Undertake Receptionist duties on adhoc basis– answer phone calls and ensure reception is always manned.
- Prepare correspondence, excel spreadsheets, power point presentations and meeting materials including documenting meeting minutes as directed.
- Develop an effective filing system for project key documents.
- Create and maintain project team technical documents and organisation charts (MS Visio).
- Assist with all local travel bookings and coordinate with Mobilisation Team on travel requirements. Ensure all travel requests are approved prior to booking travel.
- Coordination of new starts within the project team, ensuring desks, IT Equipment, phones, mobiles, etc are allocated in a timely manner.
- Acting as IT Helpdesk to assist on all IT requirements (installation, configuration, etc.)
- Ensure all project personnel CVs are in Wood format and keep database of these.
- Responsible for administrative task such as courier shipments, Office and Pantry Supplies requisition and maintenance, etc.
- Attend to clerical tasks such as general photocopying, scanning, collating and filing support to project team.
- Support and coordination of all project requirements.
Skills / Qualifications:
Technical / Business Skills:
- Highly Knowledgeable about office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Confident and assertive
- Open thinker and innovator
- Flexible and adaptable
- Accuracy and meticulous
- Flexible and efficient
- Excellent computer skills – Computer literate – MS Office / Visio
Business & Industry Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Previous experience of working for Engineering Companies would be an advantage
- Graduate Degree holder is preferred
- Clear communicator with good interpersonal skills and willingness to share knowledge and support others
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements
- Fluent in both spoken and written English language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong commitment to safety
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.