- This role is a key position dedicated towards Distribution Center& Last Mile optimization vertical, responsible for the delivery of three pillars of PEX program: Process Improvement, Continuous Improvement, and Capability Building across Aramex regions
- It will play an important role in helping to foster a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of Lean Six Sigma methodology, and the supporting PEX framework, to deliver strategic objective of operational efficiency & cost optimization
- The position must be able to influence stakeholders at all levels and use existing operational data to identify opportunities to improve processes whilst influencing behavior change across all facilities in the country and for 500+ employees.
- Lean Maturity Model implementation – Model hub/branch establishment through 5S and visual management implementation, establish productivity and throughput metrices in first, middle and last miles, foster people Capability Development through Kaizen Programs and create seamless networking for sharing of best practices.
- Create and establish cost metrices in operations, drive CPS (cost per shipment) awareness and improvement across all assets.
- Lean six sigma Green Belt and Black Belt project mentoring
- Imparting Lean trainings programs across the assets.
- Collaborate with operations to develop Lean Champions.
- Collaborate with operations and GSO team to implement Lean @ Design phase in built to suite sites.
- Driving asset-specific strategic improvement initiatives to deliver value to business.
- Program management for successful ISO implementation and governance – ISO 9001, ISO 140001 and ISO 45001.
- Support Station for internal and external certifications with Central PEX involvement as per yearly strategy.
- Effectively collaborates cross-functionally assigned region and between peers
- Encourages people to expose problems and stays with them to implement true solutions
- Uses continuous coaching and dialogue to empower people to solve their own problems
- Builds future PE leaders and champions.
- Supports organizational learning
- Understands how to recognize and articulate the implications of change or actions throughout the entire value stream (end to end)
- Goes frequently to Gemba / the work site to understand and solve problems where they live, with the people who live with the problems every day
- Understands not to be complacent with the current process
- Practices and teaches fundamental of lean problem solving (PDCA) to find problems, define them, fix them and keep them from coming back
- Supports and leverages process for sharing best practices
- Provide ongoing support to multiple project teams. Communicates Process Excellence information/news to plant management, staff, and employees.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is a must, Master’s degree preferred.
- 6-12 years of relevant experience with a successful track record of driving Process Improvement.
- Lean Six-Sigma, transformation or re-engineering background is a must.
- Experience in logistics and supply chain solutions design.
- ISO 9001 internal auditor or lead auditor certification.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (ASQ or ISSAC)
- Demonstrated skills in driving operational efficiency and cost optimization projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be open to travel 20% of the time as per project needs in other regions
- Experience in preparing and presenting recommendations to an audience of senior executives.
- Experience of hands-on implementation of continuous improvement programs and Lean solutions
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Project, Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Since our founding in 1982 we have grown to become a world leader in comprehensive transport and delivery solutions for business and consumers. Headquartered in Dubai, at the heart of the world’s most dynamic commercial hub and on the site of historic trade routes linking east and west, commerce and transport are deeply embedded in Aramex’s DNA. We are dedicated to transforming the face of trade, expanding our operations rapidly to better connect businesses and consumers worldwide.