PetrofacPetrofac Limited is a British provider of oilfield services to the international oil and gas industry. It is registered in Jersey, with its main corporate office on Jermyn Street, London.
oin Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Night Drilling Supervisor to be based in client office, Abu Dhabi, UAE. The role will be on rotational basis.
What we do
Petrofac Well Engineering (formerly SPD Ltd) is an independent specialist Well Engineering company with an absolute focus on our core expertise. Our objective is to stimulate creative dialogue with our clients to optimize total project value. Well Engineering has a wealth of experience planning and managing well operations projects worldwide. The initial company, SPD Ltd, was established in Dubai in 2002 and has worked in over 50 countries, for over 100 operators and in all drilling scenarios and terrains.
- The Night Drilling Supervisor is expected to be an experienced individual who is capable to supervise day-to-day operations. He will have strong technical skills as well as project management skills. He will ensure that project is delivered in compliance with all the relevant requirements, such as legislation, procedural and financial.
- He/she shall report to the Day Drilling Supervisor for day-to-day operations.
- He/she will be directing Night Tool Pusher of the rig to execute the work as per the Drilling Program He will monitor night activities progress as per the plan.
- He/she will issue service tickets for night to service providers. He will issue work instructions for the night shift.
- He/she will be responsible for implementing and maintaining HSE standards. He will ensure that regular drills as per IADC guidelines related to well control are conducted.
- He/she will ensure that proper safety procedures as per API guidelines are implemented and maintained.
- He/she will intervene and instruct suitable persons in case of operational as well as administrative emergency in consultation with Day Drilling Supervisor.
- He/she should be an Engineering Graduate with minimum 15 years of experience out of which at least experience of 5 years in the role of Night Company Man.
- He/ She must have exposure to drilling of Directional wells, Well complication and DST and must have valid IWCF level IV (Surface – Supervisor) Certification.
- He should have undergone First Aid Training, Firefighting Training. Skills in English and local language are essential. Knowledge of HSE standards is essential.
- Preference would be given to candidates with UAE / Middle East Experience.
- Candidate must have good knowledge of the rules and regulations of Oil and Gas well drilling and completion and equipment movement.
- If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination. Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcomed from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch with you soon.