Al-FuttaimAs a family-owned business, we take a long-term view in everything we do, because we believe that sustainable success requires uncompromising commitment.
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives . Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
To assist the Regional Campaign Leader to:
- Increase top of mind awareness and emotional attributes of IKEA brand through several advertising, PR campaigns for the IKEA Brand & Concept
- Reach the required visitor volumes for optimal sales targets by assisting on daily operations
- Increase IKEA presence in target consumers’ daily life cycles through PR, in store events, and commercial activities
Working with teams of different cultural backgrounds, diverse regions, and colliding priorities, high organisation skills and a clear vision of the marketing and business objectives is necessary. Being an excellent communicator is vital to this role. You should be able to ensure that all documents and requirements are kept organized and updated in a timely manner
Strategy, Planning & Implementation
- Assist the Regional Campaign Leader in creating the long term marketing campaign & strategies as well as the opening strategies for the existing and new stores in the covered territories.
- Assist the Regional Campaign Leader in executing the vitality calendar activities and ensure the strategic priorities are reflected in the campaigns. Liaise with range for product selections and pricing as well as co-ordinate day to day work with other departments.
- Fluid and consistent internal communication, by informing all related parties (stores and other departments) about the marketing support and plans prior to activity launch.
Campaigns & Projects
- Giving maximum assistance to the marketing Regional Campaign Leader on all new projects by executing the required tasks, and ensuring that required parties are communicated to in a timely manner including media planning and content/asset management e.g. – Radio, SMS, Influencer marketing etc, OOH etc.
- Actively contribute with ideas, and suggestions and liaise with all necessary departments (internal and external)
- Facilitate required documents and permits for internal projects and supporting the process of pass-outs, pass-ins, and all required internal documents for internal furniture procurement for the purpose of content production.
PR And Corporate Communication
- Support the PR agenda by ensuring PR releases are produced to support product range focus and strategy. Translation and proof reading of required PR releases and releasing them to the PR agency.
- Plan and prepare PR calendar based on the IKEA Business Calendar for the year 2022 – 23 for UAE and Qatar.
- Plan and execute Events – For 2 big events in UAE and 1big event in Qatar.
- Ensuring IKEA offers and events are communicated periodically, (weekly or monthly) depending on the event or offer, to the corporate retail office and corporate communication team – aimed at increasing corporate transparency and alignment across different teams.
- Work closely with Sales Leaders on product lists for media requests / feature stories based on PR calendar for UAE and Qatar.
- Procuring and organizing gift hampers with the objective to increase word of mouth about IKEA products through Influencers / Bloggers / Media channels; leading to an increased purchase intent.
- Work closely with Sustainability leader on CSR Projects.
- Create communication brief for Creatives, Copy, PR and Social.
- Lead with briefing PR and Social Agency.
- Work closely with copywriter on feedback and approval of press releases – English and Arabic for each project.
- Coordinate with external agencies for photography and videography.
- Work closely with social and PR teams to ensure proper coverage of the project.
- Finalize and share Coverage report with Sustainability leader.
- Be involved in the briefing process with the PR / Creative agency and 3rd Party supplier.
- Be involved in the creative process of developing the event flow, giveaways, content creation.
- Coordinate with IFB, stores and other stakeholders to successfully organize and execute the event.
- Create briefs for spokesperson speeches and press release.
- Coordinate with copywriter for content feedback on English and Arabic releases.
- Hands on ground on event days.
Local Market Support And Reporting
- Establish fluid communication with the IKEA SO marketing team and partner malls with complete alignment of local store marketing management teams.
- Ensuring regional and commercial business direction and requirements for PMAs are communicated and followed up on with store marketing responsible.
- Routinely align with local store marketing person and discuss each market’s local priorities, ideas, and execution. Organizing these ideas and requirements to be taken up to the marketing SO teams to provide sufficient support.
Administrative Work And Budgeting
- Assist in budgeting for all markets by keeping an updated file on media costs, media effectiveness, and keeping track of all invoices with the Marketing Executive.
- Following the group policy while signing up new vendors and issuing purchase orders and ensuring needed approval is receiving following set fourth policies and guidelines.
- Assisting with LPO creation based on quote submited, following up with Cash office to ensure LPO’s are shared back with the suppliers in a timely manner.
University degree in a relevant subject such as marketing, public relations or communications.
Minimum Qualification And Knowledge
- Experience in marketing, PR and events.
- Experience in budgeting and financial documents.
- 1 to 3 years in a similar role.
- Experience of using knowledge of consumer behaviour to develop effective communication.
- Motivated, self-sufficient professional with great attention to details.
- Team player with positive, constructive attitude.
- Excellent organisational skills.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.