Majid Al FutaimAcross our operations, we create innovative brands, destinations and spaces that burst with ingenuity. We strive to incubate happiness by creating great moments for everyone, everyday. This was the vision of our founder, Majid Al Futtaim, which is as relevant today as it was over 26 years ago.
Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
The position is responsible for providing timely active administrative support to the SMBU Leasing Team in the development and monitoring of lease documents, communication with clients/ tenants etc., ensuring that all lease related documents complies with the agreed terms, conditions of the contract and commitment between the company and the client.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Review and validate entries for Lease deals in the Data Capture System based on the input received from the Leasing Team in SMBU.
- Prepare the draft and final Lease Agreements, Amendments and Deeds to be checked by the appropriate personnel for accuracy and ensure that the same is in accordance with the terms and conditions agreed at the time of closing lease deal and send the same to the client for review and acceptance.Review the final acceptance from the client on the Lease Agreement document to ensure that there is no ambiguity in the acceptance of the terms and conditions stated in the formal lease agreement and that there is complete clarity between the Company (SMBU) and the tenant’s commitment with regards to the agreement.
- Collect all pertinent and valid legal documents from the tenant such as Trade license, Commercial Registration, Insurance Certificate, Owner’s passport copies etc., to ensure the legality of the tenant.
- Organize the payment documents and forward the same to the client along with the Lease Agreement so as to receive the payment along with the signed agreement signifying the acceptance of the client.
- Responsible for all correspondences between Company and tenants whether it is by email, letter and fax and all follow up required during the course of the process, until the final Lease agreement is signed.
- Maintain positive and congenial relationship with the potential clients / tenants pertaining to all lease proposals / agreements and ensure that all concerns and queries are resolved on a timely basis.
- Assist the SMBU Finance Department in the preparation of final accounts for tenants surrendering leased space as well as providing support to the Operations Department in tenant’s handover and surrender of shops.
- Assist the Leasing Department in developing the marketing materials on SMBU operating assets / portfolio by providing accurate information on the current tenant portfolio. Also, maintain and update prospective leasing list.
Provide all necessary data / reports concerning to Lease administration to Manager Lease Administration as and when requested.
Maintain accurate filing of all Lease deal related information and agreement (both physical and on system e.g. Yardi / MRI and/or SharePoint etc.) so as to enable the team to refer the same with respect to rent collection / renewal / extension etc., as well as to serve as a point of reference in case of any litigation.
- Organize Leasing Committee meetings as and when requested by the Leasing Department and take and circulate the meeting minutes to all concerned for their information, follow up and necessary action.
Ensure compliance with the MAFP SMBU’s Code of Conduct, Departmental policies and HR Policies and Procedures at all times.
Be the advocate and ambassador of aligning and cascading the MAFP values across SMBU and ensure that it is adhered to and exhibit the same all the time.