Groups & Events Sales Executive
Through your passion and motivation, you sell memorable experience to guests who stay in your property. You are professional and knowledgeable about your property, and you build strong relationships and create bond with your guests.
If you’re great with people, have experience in a reactive sales or groups and events environment and are looking to join our growth journey, this is just the ticket!
What’s in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Be our key contact for groups and events handling the requests & booking process from start to finish: from initial proposals & negotiations, managing contracts and planning, to follow ups and securing repeat business
- Build great relationships with clients by looking after them with care, and welcoming them into our spaces
- Use our booking system OPERA to track all requests and handle the details of bookings, generating contracts, invoices and function sheets, inputting details such as rooming lists, taking deposits and tracking payments and keeping an accurate and up to date database.
- Build strong relationships with our other teams and external third parties, keeping the guest experience at the heart of everything you do
- Pull reports and analysis on revenues and forecasting
Your experience and skills include:
- Relevant sales experience is an asset
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Experience working within reactive sales in groups or events within hotels, venues or private members clubs
- Someone who gets a kick out of converting sales, with a track record of beating targets
- Experience using a system like OPERA would be an advantage
Your team and working environment:
Located along Sheikh Zayed Road in Barsha Heights right next to Dubai Internet City Metro Station. The hotel is nestled in the key business and commercial district of Dubai Media City, Dubai Knowledge Park and Dubai Internet City. Mercure Dubai Hotel offers a unique hospitality experience for business & leisure travelers and well as for long stays at an affordable price. Close proximity to Mall of the Emirates, Palm Jumeirah and major tourist attractions.
An elegant hotel with 1015 suites and apartments spread over 41 floors. Each contemporary room features floor to ceiling windows that have exceptional views of the city & skyline. For meetings, trainings and social events the hotel offers an extensive range of multi-functional meeting and event spaces.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.