Demi Chef De Partie
Control the section for which you are responsible. Ensure smooth running of the section and see that all areas of section maintain the standards. Cook any food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo – Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Organizes together with the Chef de Partie shifting in the section with regard to mise en place production and its service
- Takes orders from his/her Chef de Partie and carry them out in the correct manner
- Together with his/her Chef de Partie write daily wine, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section
- Maintains good colleagues relations and motivate colleagues
- Ensures that training on a one-to-one basis has been carried out and comprehended
- Works to the specifications received by the Chef de Partie regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index
- Is responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-place and food storage
- Attends daily meeting with the Chef de Cuisine and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef
- Checks the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information regarding the organization
- Ensures All the hygiene records are maintained and adhere to all the hygiene trainings and pre set SOP
- Passes all information to the next shift about functions
- Checks on Commis Chefs on his/her section: e.g personal hygiene.
- At least 5 years in the kitchen
- Completed kitchen apprentice or chefs training courses for at least one year
- At least four year in a five star international chain hotel/restaurant
- At least one year in an international five star hotel/ restaurant in similar position
- Sound knowledge about all kinds of cooking techniques and methods
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.