AxiosAxios was formed by a group of health experts who shared the vision of an organization that could work effectively with patients, and private and public sector stakeholders to improve access to healthcare in developing countries and emerging markets. In 1997, following the pioneering efforts of its founders in launching one of the first antiretroviral (ARV) access programs as part of the UNAIDS Drug Access Initiative – which proved that ARTs could be delivered safely and effectively in low-income settings and paved the way for subsequent price reductions – Axios International was created, followed by the Axios Foundation in 2000. Today, Axios continues to break new ground in the design and implementation of market access solutions across Africa, Asia, Latin America, Middle East and Europe.
Axios is seeking a Consultant to join an expanding international team in Dubai. The candidate will develop and implement access strategies in emerging markets and play a key role in consulting assignments for new and existing pharmaceuticals and other relevant clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
A variety of responsibilities will be requested in operational and strategic initiatives, including some or all of the following:
- Developing market access strategies for emerging markets
- Designing patient assistance programs and pricing strategies.
- Evaluating the economic value of specific program scenarios aimed to increase access of patients to treatment.
- Work in monitoring and evaluation of ongoing access program implementation projects
- Ensure the smooth execution of projects through the management of assigned project teams in project countries.
- Attending and completing Adverse Event Reporting and product training provided by the client.
- Conduct face-to-face stakeholder interviews in assigned project countries.
- Successfully manage client relationships
- Lead business development efforts and drive Axios’ vision in the assigned region.
- Develop and manage relationships with key national and international stakeholders, ensuring that Axios’ strategy is aligned with stakeholder priorities.
- Oversee the design and implementation of new projects, account planning, and proposal writing.
- Lead the team in engaging new clients, and building strong, long-term relationships with existing clients.
- Communicate and coordinate with stakeholders and Axios management team in proactively identifying and resolving issues.
- Results orientation
- Technical skills
- Project management
- Customer focus
Educational Background and Experience
- Experience in a healthcare context is mandatory
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in science, economics, or social science
- Additional specialization in public health and/or epidemiology is preferred.
- 2 – 5 years professional experience (pharmaceutical company or public health environment desirable)
- Proven project and people management experience
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
- Experience in Asia is preferable
- This is a full-time position that will be based in Dubai
- Flexibility to travel as well as working hours are essential.